- Please make yourself available to answer questions.
- Have an idea of where you would like major pieces placed and share your floor plan with the movers.
- Speak with your driver about any concerns as they come up during the day.
- Ensure that all items you would like transported have been packed and loaded.
- Take note of the condition of all transported items and your premises before and after the movers are there.
How to Prepare Before the Movers Arrive
- Check for any hazards that may pose a threat to the safe handling of your goods such as low ceilings, protruding items in high traffic areas, slippery floors, etc.
- Make sure to separate any items that are not being transported.
- Review the materials given to you by our office and contact a representative if you have any questions.
What Not to Bring
- Hazardous Materials: Items that are flammable, corrosive, or explosive
- Perishables: Food, plants or living things that may die or spoil in transit
- Items of Personal Importance or Sentimental Value: This third category of non-allowables can create problems should your shipment be delayed or items lost. We suggest that irreplaceable items and\or sentimental items be carried with you instead of being packed with your shipment.